Cook’s Comfort Location
Cook’s Comfort quality self-catering accommodation lodge is perfectly located for tourists, holiday-makers and business travellers.
Great location for tourists and holiday-makers
Located just outside White River, in a country setting just 35 km from the Kruger National Park, 6 km from the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport and 10 minutes from Nelspruit, Cook’s Comfort is the perfect base from which to experience the incredible sights and adventures that the Lowveld has to offer. There are so many things to see and do in the area e.g.:
- Kruger National Park: go for game drives in the Kruger Park every day as day visitors. Numbi and Malalane Gates are just a short drive away – Numbi gate is around 20-25 minutes’ drive. See our suggested itinerary and options for exploring the Kruger National Park as day visitors.
- Byde River Canyon
- Pilgrim’s Rest
- God’s Window
- Elephant sanctuaries
- Chimp Eden
- Coffee farm – between Hazyview and Sabie – delightful shop with amazing coffee-related tours, souvenirs and items to buy.
- Silk farms
- Tree-top tours
- Adventure tours: kayaking, quad-biking, river tubing, abseiling
- …and much more…
Great location for business travelers
We are located 6km from the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (6 km drive), which makes Cook’s Comfort the perfect base for business travellers flying in and out of the Nelspruit area. You’ll have quick and easy access to the Nelspruit CBD, which is just a short, 10 minute / 12km drive (beats Gauteng traffic jams any day!).
Work in Nelspruit city during the day, and enjoy a country-setting in the early-morning and evenings.
Places to see in and around White River:
- Castorbridge shopping center – not your usual “mall”, rather a cosy, selection of boutiques, interesting shops and a small 1-screen cinema that screens both popular and more unusual, “intellectual” movies (not your regular Ster Kinekor or Metro). The cinema is a popular place that the local residents in White River enjoy supporting too.
- Chocolate shop in Castorbridge shopping center – wow, if you like home-made, hand-crafted chocolates, you’ll love this place. Our favourites are the melted chocolate cups, i.e. cups moulded from chocolate, and filled with melted chocolate. Eat up quickly before your chocolate cup itself melts!
- Bosch Pottery studio– Ezra Bosch, the well-known potter, is our neighbour – she has a fantastic studio with wonderful works of all kinds – very talented, indeed.
- Vintage car museum – also in Castorbridge shopping center. Beautiful old cars, real grand old ladies.
- Orange wine – tasting at Castorbridge
- Silk farm factory shop – between White River and Nelspruit
- Lowveld Botanical Gardens are just short drive away – lovely to relax and have a picnic in a lovely setting
- Various dams nearby, suitable for fishing
Click On Image For Map